If you are planning to buy a house, then it would be wise if you will first have it inspected. There are great properties to choose from in the different parts of Malaysia and some of the most recommended are the selayang condo the apartment for sale shah alam and still many others. But you should not skip pre-inspection if you want to be assured of the quality of the property.
Yes, you may pay for the house inspector, but compared to what you will spend if you will end up buying a defective house, that is just minimal. For a number of reasons like peace of mind, having the chance to negotiate better and many others, you must have it inspected first before signing binding contract. Since there are already many home inspectors available, be careful in picking one especially that big amount of money is involved here.
Here are some sound tips when it comes to choosing the right building inspectors:
- Scout for recommendations. Try asking your friends or relatives whom you noticed just bought a property as just like you, I am pretty sure they too hire a building inspector first. You can also check for online reviews.
- Since this is probably the most expensive investment you will have in your entire lifetime, better makes sure that you will have the best deal. That is why; you must choose a building inspector with excellent qualities. Just one thing though; never jump on the first company or building inspector you will come across. Take note that there so many fishes in the ocean and you have the right to be choosy. Call your prospects and ask everything that you want to know just to make sure that they will be indeed an asset in your project.
- Some of the things you must make sure your prospects are equipped with are experience, their insurance, registration and of course, their being reputable. If you can find a building inspector with all of these traits, then I say you are indeed in good hands.
- Never forget to ask references as they are the best people to vouch for the capabilities of your prospect building inspector. However, if you think you don’t have the time to call any of the references anyway, still you must ask for them as the reaction of your prospect can already help you a great deal.
- The last but not the least is to ask for a written guarantee. You never really know what will happen tomorrow so, to protect you or even them, a written guarantee should be obtained. If they will hesitate to provide you with one, then by all means look for another building inspector.
Don’t forget that this task is involved with a good amount of money. You have every right to be cautious and inquisitive. It just sucks when you have spent all your savings and yet you end up getting less than what you pay for. Read more of our features here.